1. To make the Tandoori Chicken, combine the yoghurt, oil, Shemin’s Tandoori Spice Blend, lemon and salt, in a glass bowl. Add the chicken pieces and coat in the mixture. Leave to marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Take the chicken out of the fridge to come to room temperature. Fry in a large hot pan until brown all over. When done, take the pan off the heat.
3. To make the curry sauce, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a separate saucepan. Fry the onion until browned. Add Shemin’s Curry Paste with a splash of water and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes on a low heat. When done, blend the sauce until smooth. This sauce can be made up to 48 hours before and stored in the fridge.
4. Add the sauce to the the chicken and simmer for 4-5 minutes making sure the chicken is cooked through. Add the single cream, butter, Shemin’s Garam Masala and cook until mixed through. Add the juice of lemon to taste, season and stir in the chopped coriander.
5. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread
Hands-down it’s one of the best butter chicken recipes. Promise, it’s better than any takeaway! This curry has the added flavour kick of Shemin’s Tandoori and Shemin’s Garam Masala Spice Blends.