- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and gently fry the onions until browned, around 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until sealed and turning brown, about 5 minutes. Then add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste with a splash of water, and cook on a gentle heat for 3 minutes. Make sure the chicken and onion are well coated.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, Shemin’s Biryani / Pilau Spice Blend, and the potatoes. Let the mixture simmer for 25 minutes with the lid on, or until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked through. Then add the butter and stir until melted.
- Tip in the spinach and cook until wilted. Then squeeze in the lime juice to taste and check the seasoning.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve with rice and naan bread.
TIP: This recipe is also delicious if you replaced the chicken with quorn for vegetarians.