- In a large bowl, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, garam masala, cayenne pepper, fresh ginger, garlic and salt. Stir in the chicken, cover and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- For the masala sauce – melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan over a medium heat. Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and sauté for 1 minute. Next, stir in the passata and the cream. Simmer on a low heat until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Season with salt if required.
- Preheat the barbecue (alternatively you can cook the chicken under a hot grill).
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers leaving a little space between the chicken pieces for even cooking. Discard the rest of the marinade.
- BBQ over a medium-high heat for roughly 4-5 minutes per side or until throughly cooked. The actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of the meat. The chicken should be slightly charred when done.
- Transfer the chicken skewers to a serving plate and pour some of the masala sauce over the chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander.
- I like to serve the rest of the masala sauce separately in a jug.
- Serve with Shemin’s Indian Breads heated on the BBQ and a Shemin’s salad.
A BBQ version on one of the nation’s favourite curries. Chicken on skewers made in a delicious marinade that is then dipped in a butter tikka masala sauce.