- Put the desiccated coconut in a pan and toast it dry until golden-brown. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened
- Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste with a splash of water and stir-fry for a further minute
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir well to coat in the sauce
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk, stir well and bring to the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir in the chopped coriander, mint and lime juice, then stir in the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut
- Serve with basmati rice
Make James Martin’s Butter Chicken with our Shemin’s Curry Paste to create “A curry to beat any takeaway!” First shown on the BBC in his Home Comforts series, this recipe has gone on to please thousands of curry lovers around the UK.