- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan then add the peppers and stir-fry until wilted slightly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil if needed, then add the onions to the pan. Fry until soft but not browned. Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and cook gently for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and water, and cook gently for about 15 minutes until you have a thick sauce and the tomatoes have disintegrated. You may need to add a little extra water if the sauce gets too dry whilst it’s cooking.
- After this stage you can put the sauce in the food processor and whizz it to make it completely smooth then return it to the pan. Stir in the Garam Masala.
- Add the cooked turkey (or chicken / lamb / beef), peppers and butter, and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and squeeze over some lime. Sprinkle over the fresh coriander before serving.
A delicious Jalfrezi, which literally means ‘hot-fry’ but is probably better translated as ‘stir-fry’. Wonderful when served with a bowl of plain steamed basmati rice and naan.