- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c / gas mark 4.
- Empty the can of coconut milk into a bowl and whisk together to combine the solid and liquid parts.
- Take 6tbsp of the coconut milk and place it into a small oven proof dish. Mix in the Thai green curry paste and stir to combine. Add in the finely chopped chilli, if using. Add the salmon fillets into the Thai sauce and coat well.
- Bake the salmon in the pre-heated oven for around 20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, place the rice, 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of the remaining coconut milk into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then allow to simmer gently until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is al dente. Cover the saucepan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the desiccated coconut into a small, dry frying pan and heat, stirring often until it turns a light golden colour. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- Using a peeler, peel the cucumber and carrot length ways to create ribbons. Then cut in half width ways to create finer ribbons. Place the prepared veggies in a bowl, stir in the sugar and vinegar and coat well.
- Serve the rice sprinkled with the toasted coconut and plate up with the Thai green salmon and the pickled veggie ribbons.
A great recipe from Shanice who runs the Gluten Freedom Club using our freshly made Thai green curry paste.