1. On a large sheet of greaseproof paper, toss the chicken with sea salt, black pepper and five-spice powder.
2. Fold over the paper, then bash and flatten the chicken with a rolling pin. Place on a griddle plan, turning after 3 or 4 minutes, until nicely charred and cooked through.
3. Pour the boiling water into a large pan and crumble in the stock cube.
4. Mix Shemin’s Thai Curry Paste, peanut butter, fish sauce, soya sauce, sesame seed oil and turmeric, and add to the boiling stock. Add the coconut milk.
5. Add the butternut squash noodles to the pan and bring back to the boil for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the asparagus and noodles and cook until the noodles are done. Add lime juice to taste.
7. Drizzle honey over the charred chicken, squeeze over the juice of 1 lime and scatter with sesame seeds. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes and when ready cut the chicken into strips.
8. Serve the noodle mixture with the chicken sitting on top and garnish with fresh coriander.
This is our take on a traditional Asian classic – Chicken Laksa. We’ve got noodles, fresh asparagus and butternut squash in spicy coconut milk topped with succulent honey, sesame seed and five spice chicken. Add the zing of fresh lime and coriander and you’ve got heaven in a bowl. Perfect!