- Remove the pork from the fridge about an hour before you’re ready to cook. Preheat oven to 240°C.
- Rub the ginger, garlic and 2 tbsp of Shemin’s Tandoori Spice Blend into the underside meat of the belly pork, making sure you don’t get any on the skin.
- Place the pork in a large roasting tin, skin-side up, and pat the skin dry with a kitchen towel. Then rub with 1 tbsp Shemin’s Tandoori Spice Blend and sea salt, making sure it gets well into the grooves of the scored skin.
- Roast the pork for 20-30 minutes, until the skin starts to puff up and looks like it’s about to crackle. Then turn the oven down to 140°C and cook the pork, uncovered for 5 hours until the meat is tender and falling apart.
- After 5 hours, turn the heat right back up to 240°C and cook for a final 30 minutes until the skin has crackled properly.
- Serve with your favourite potatoes and greens.
TIP: For the best crackling buy good quality pork. Leave the pork uncovered in the bottom of the fridge (on a tray to catch any juices and away from food to be served uncooked) for up to 24 hours. This will help dry out the skin, which helps it turn into better crackling.