1. Mix the marinade ingridients together
2. Cover the rib of beef with the marinade
3. Let the beef marinate for at least 2 hours, but overnight if possible
4. Bring to room tempreture before cooking and either
- BBQ – Brown the rib of beef on the BBQ and then return the rib on to the baking tray. Move the charcoal aside and put the tray on the BBQ. Close the lid and cook for 30-35 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3.
- Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/15 minutes per 450g for rare.
Tip: Resting meat will make it more tender and juicy as it allows the juices to reabsorb evenly through it after cooking. Put your joint on a warm plate and cover it loosely with foil. Set aside for 15 – 30 minutes before carving it.