- Heat the oven to 190°C.
- Fry the mince without oil in a non-stick frying pan, breaking it up as it browns. Transfer to a colander, set over a bowl to drain.
- Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Cook the onions over a low heat for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste with a splash of water and cook on a low heat for 4 minutes.
- Return the mince to the pan (discard the drained juices), add the peas, pour in the chopped tomatoes and stir in the fresh coriander. Simmer on a medium to low heat for about 20 minutes, lid off, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and saucy. Season, then pour the mixture into a high sided baking dish.
- Mix Shemin’s Garam Masala with your mashed potato and spoon over the top of the mince. Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the top goes brown and crispy.
An Indian twist on a British classic that our family love. Spiced minced lamb cooked in an Indian sauce served with fluffy masala mash. It’s a wonderful mix of traditional English food with a touch of spice.