1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas 4. Slice the aubergine into rounds approximately 0.5cm 1/4″ wide and layer in a colander with salt for 30 mins, then rinse and pat dry.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add in the mince and break up with a fork until browned, then add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and stir for 1 minute. Next add in the tomatoes and tomato puree and stir, then turn down the heat to very low and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
3. Fry the aubergine slices in the remaining oil for 5 minutes, flipping after 3 minutes. Remove and set aside. In an oven proof dish layer the aubergine slices with the mince mixture. Finishing off with a layer of aubergines.
4. Make the creamy topping by beating together the egg, parmesan cheese, yogurt and nutmeg or garam masala. Season to taste.
5. Spoon the creamy topping over the mousaka. Sprinkle the top with some extra parmasen cheese and oregano, pop the dish into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top.
Serve with a green salad or even a bowl of chips!