- Put the chilli, onion, vinegar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl, stir to combine, then leave to soften and pickle while you get on with the rest of the dish.
- Put one tablespoon of oil in a medium sized saute pan on a medium-high heat. Once hot, turn the heat down, add the ginger and garlic, and fry, stirring often, for one minute, or until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add Shemin’s Cumin Seeds and Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste with a splash of water and cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the butter beans, and season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Turn off the heat and leave to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the grill to a high setting. Once the bean mix is cool, stir in the coriander, cream and cheese.
- Place the slices of bread on a small baking tray and grill for two minutes. Remove, flip over and drizzle the untoasted sides with the remaining olive oil.
- Top with the butter bean mixture and grill for four to five minutes, until golden and bubbly. Spoon half the pickled onion mixture over the top and serve the rest in a bowl alongside.
Take your cheese on toast to a different level with this absolutely delicious lunch recipe! It is quick and easy to make too. Great on it’s own or with a bowl of soup. Feeling warm inside already!