1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7.
2. Wash the sweet potatoes / carrots and cut into bite sized pieces. Place in a large roasting tray with the onions, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle over 1 tbsp of Shemin’s Harissa Spice Blend until evenly coated. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Score the chicken skin with a sharp knife then season and sprinkle over ½ tbsp of Shemin’s Harissa Spice Blend.
4. Cut each courgette and red pepper into quarters lengthways, and then each quarter in half, and sprinkle with the remaining ½ tbsp of Shemin’s Harissa Spice Blend. Remove the roasting tray from the oven and add the courgettes, red pepper and garlic cloves. Place the chicken on top and drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Add stock / water to the bottom of the roasting tray and return to the oven on a high shelf for 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Remove the roasting tray from the oven, check seasoning, sprinkle with fresh herbs, and lemon juice. Bring to the table and serve straight from the tray.
6. Serve with rice or couscous. Try out cauliflower rice instead of normal white rice for fewer calories and lower carbs.
Vegetarian Option – Instead of chicken, add portobello mushrooms, beans or tofu.