1. Heat half the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and fry the onion until it is golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and sauté the pumpkin pieces until they are golden all over.
3. Add Shemins Curry Paste mixed with 2 tbsps of water to the onion and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook gently for a further 4-5 minutes.
4. Now, add the lentils and pumpkin to the onions mixture and pour in the stock. Season to taste and bring to the boil.
5. Turn down the heat and cook for 20 minutes, until the lentils have collapsed and the pumpkin is tender. The mixture should be thick.
6. Stir in the baby spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted. Add lemon juice and check the seasoning.
Serve with rice, Shemin’s Indian Breads and plain yogurt.