- In a bowl, rub the garam masala all over the chicken and set aside.
- Put the olive oil in a heavy based pan over a medium heat and fry the onions until softened – about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces to the onions and brown all over.
- Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and cook for 2-3 minutes mixing it in with the chicken and onions.
- Stir in the rice, lentils, apricots, lemon or lime juice and stock. Bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes until the rice is just soft.
- Turn off the heat and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
To make raita, de-seed the cucumber by cutting it in half lengthways and running a teaspoon down the center. Finely chop the flesh of the cucumber and mix it in with the yoghurt, mint and salt.