- Wash the rice in cold water until the water runs clear and leave to soak in warm water
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a lidded frying pan over a high heat, then add the lamb. Sear the lamb until golden brown on all sides, then transfer to a plate and set aside
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the rest of the oil to the pan along with the onions. Then fry, stirring occasionally until soft, brown and caramelised
- Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and the 3 tbsp of water, then stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Then add Shemin’s Biryani Pilau Spice Blend, natural yoghurt, the browned lamb, and salt, and stir-fry for another couple of minutes. Add a little more water if the mixture gets too dry
- Drain the rice and add to the pan along with the chicken stock and saffron. Bring everything to the boil, then put the lid on. Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Then, still keeping the pan covered, take off the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Resist the temptation to open the lid!
- When ready, fluff up the rice with a fork and sprinkle over the cashews and coriander, and serve piled high on a plate
TIP: You can substitute the lamb with any meat, or for a vegetarian substitute such as par boiled potatoes, chickpeas and peas.