- Heat a pan and add the oil. Add the cloves and cardamom then cook until they start to sizzle.
- Add the onions to the pan and fry until golden brown.
- Add the chilli and Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste then stir. Cook gently for 5 minutes adding a little water if the sauce gets too dry.
- Add the meat, and stir until the meat is coated with the curry sauce. Then add the stock and passata, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to the lowest level, cover tightly and simmer for an hour and half, or until the lamb is tender. Add a little water if necessary.
- When cooked, stir in Shemin’s Garam Masala, lemon juice and season to taste. You can keep the lid off and bring to the boil to thicken the sauce if required.
- Serve with Shemin’s Indian Breads and rice.
Heavenly slow-cooked lamb in a rich curry sauce. ❤️