- Fry the onions in oil until light brown and caramelised.
- In a separate bowl, add enough water to the curry paste to get the consistency of cream.
- Add the curry paste mixture to the caramelised onions and cook gently for 5 minutes, add a little water if the mixture gets too dry.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for a further 5 minutes, again adding a little water if the mixture gets too dry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt, cook gently until they dissolve into the sauce (around 8-10 minutes).
- Add the lamb chucks and the 100ml of water. Simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Check and stir regularly.
- Check seasoning and add the garam masala before serving.
A bhuna is all about the style of cooking, with deep intense flavours that are achieved by slow cooking the dish until the meat is tender. Transfer this dish into a slow cooker and simmer for a few hours to get even more flavour!