- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan with a lid, and gently fry the onions until browned, around 10 minutes.
- Add the lamb to the pan then cook until sealed and turning brown, about 8 minutes. Then add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste with a splash of water, and cook on a gentle heat for 3 minutes. Make sure the lamb and onion are well coated.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, Shemin’s Garam Masala, aubergine and chickpeas. Bring the curry to the boil, then put the lid on and pop into the oven. Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check the curry half way through to see if there’s enough liquid, if not add some water.
- Squeeze in the lime juice to taste and check the seasoning.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve with rice and naan bread.
TIP: You can make this curry in a slow cooker instead of the oven. Put it in after you’ve added the chopped tomatoes, Garam Masala, aubergine and chickpeas for 6 hours on low.
TIP: This curry also works well with beef, and if you’re vegetarian you can subsitute the meat for sweet potato or butternut squash.