- Devein the prawns, then rinse them in cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper. It is important to dry prawns as the prawns will hold the batter better.
- Pour the oil in to a large saucepan until it is a third full, roughly five centimetres deep, heat the oil until hot and a small ball of batter floats to the surface of the oil as soon as it is added. Do not allow the oil to overheat.
- While the oil is heating make the batter. Mix the flour, yoghurt and cold water until smooth and thick (like double cream) and stir in Shemin’s Seafood Curry Paste.
- Add the prawns to the batter and toss throughly.
- Using tongs lift the prawns out one at a time and lower them gently in to the hot oil.
- Cook for 2-3 mins until they’re golden brown, turning them every now and then.
- Lift the prawns out with clean tongs or a slotted spoon and drain them on kitchen paper.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Prawn Pakora is a dish of prawns that have been battered in a spicy mix and then deep fried. This is a wonderfully tasty appetiser for seafood lovers.