1. Heat the oven to 150°C (300°F) Gas mark 2
2. Place the lamb in a large non-metallic bowl. Mix the yogurt, cream and 50g Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and pour the mixture over the lamb. Toss to mix well, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight if possible.
3. Allow the lamb to come to room temperature before cooking. Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole dish. Add the fennel seeds, and onions and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining 50g Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and cook gently for a couple more minutes.
4. Add in the lamb mixture and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes then stir in the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil and remove from heat. Cover tightly and cook in oven for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Before serving season to taste and mix in Shemin’s Garam Masala. Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with naan and/or boiled rice
TIP: This recipe is also great cooked in a slow cooker for 4 hours or until the lamb is tender.