1. Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board, cover with a piece of cling film and lightly beat flat with a wooden mallet or rolling pin.
2. Remove the cling film, place the chicken breasts in a large bowl and sprinkle over enough jerk spice blend to cover the chicken fillets.
3. Turn the chicken over and do the same for the other side so that the chicken is coated evenly. If possible allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
4. Add the cooking or spray oil to a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan and place over a medium heat. Place the chicken smooth side down and cook for 4-5 mins.
5. Turn the chicken over and cook for a further 6 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the instructions, add some cooked peas, mix, and serve with the chicken.
If you are going to use the BBQ to cook the meat it’s best to mix the jerk spice blend with a some olive oil before coating the meat and cook over a medium heat.
For those of you not familiar with our Jerk Spice Blend, it is a spicy, sweet, tangy and hot seasoning great for grilled meats like beef, pork and chicken.