- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Make the pancakes by sieving all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Pour in the water slowly, whisking to a thick batter. This should be thick but still easy to pour, similar to a pancake batter.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to a small bowl with Shemin’s Harissa Spice Blend and oil, coat well. Transfer to a roasting tray and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- To make the cashew sauce, mix the cashew nut butter (or peanut butter) with lemon juice to taste and add a bit of hot water at a time. You’re aiming to make an easily spreadable paste for the bottom of your pancakes. If using hummus, just mix with lemon juice.
- Preheat a non stick frying pan and pour in a small ladle of batter per pancake. Cook until the pancake bubbles, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Serve your pancakes by spreading over the cashew sauce and top with the chickpeas, avocado, tomatoes and fresh coriander. Squeeze over some lemon and enjoy.
Don’t wait until Pancake Day comes along again to try this delicious recipe! It’s fresh, zingy and utterly delicious. If you don’t fancy a pancake, the filling would also work really well in a oven baked sweet potato.