1. Mix garlic, lemon juice, ginger, 3 tbsps olive oil, 1 tbsp fresh coriander, and 1 tbsp fresh mint, in a medium bowl to form a paste.
2. Mix the ground coriander, cumin, amchur, salt and chilli. Then mix in the mixture above to form a paste.
3. Transfer the marinade into a large sealable bag. Place the chicken breast in the marinade. Gently massage the marinade on to the chicken making sure to evenly coat each breast. Chill for 2 hours if possible.
4. Heat a large pan with a lid on medium to high. When hot, add the remaining oil making sure that the base of the pan is coated.
5. Reduce the heat to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook until golden brown, 1-2 mins. Flip the chicken and cook until golden brown. Then reduce the heat
to low, cover and cook, without peeking, for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit covered for
7. 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Don’t uncover or you will release the hot steam that cooks the chicken.
8. Check to make sure the breasts are cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
9. Garnish with coriander and mint
A delicious marinade recipe using Shemin’s Indian Spice Tin with Ground Spices.