- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the beef to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes so the meat has sealed.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the rest of the oil then fry the onion until browned. Then add Shemin’s Goan Indian Curry Paste and a splash of water. Let the spices cook for a further 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef, the coconut milk, half the fresh coriander to the curry sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Check the seasoning and add some salt if necessary.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish and then place in the oven for an hour. Check the curry half-way through to ensure it’s not too dry, if it is, then add a little water.
- When done, add lime juice to taste and stir in the rest of the chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice or Shemin’s Indian Breads
TIP: You can also cook this curry in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. You can garnish this curry as in the picture by adding some fresh coriander, fresh chilies and Shemin’s Cassia Cinnamon Bark.