- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the duck (or chicken if using) until brown for about 2 minutes (don’t cook for longer than this as the duck will become overdone as it also cooks in the sauce). Remove the duck from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add Shemin’s Thai Red Curry Paste to the pan with half the can of coconut milk. Stir in and simmer on a low heat for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the rest of the coconut milk, fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice to taste.
- Add the pak choi to the pan. Discard any juices from the duck and add the to the pan as well. Simmer until the pak choi has wilted and the duck (or chicken) is cooked through.
- Cook the noodles according to instructions, then drain and divide among the serving bowls.
- Ladle the curry on top of the noodles, then garnish with the pickled cabbage, shallots, chilli sauce and coriander. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
This is a vibrant duck curry that captures all the bright, bold flavours of Thailand. Our delicious Red Thai Curry Paste, coconut milk and fish sauce are perfectly balanced with zingy fresh lime and the sweetness of palm sugar.