- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the onions until they are soft and very lightly coloured, stirring regularly.
- Add Shemin’s Curry Paste and cook gently for 1 minute adding a little water if the mixture gets too dry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and simmer gently for 20 minutes stirring regularly until the sauce is well reduced. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- While the sauce is simmering, put the semolina and paneeer in a bowl and toss it all together until the cubes are lightly coated.
- Add enough cooking oil to cover the base of a large non stick (if possible) frying pan and place it over a medium heat. Fry the cubes of paneer until they are browned and crisp on all sides.
- Stir the spinach into the pan with the spicy tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until the leaves are wilted. Gently toss in the paneer. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and serve immediately.
One of the best veg curries in the business. It combines the juicy mix of spinach and tomatoes with fried cubes of paneer, a delicious cheese used in many Indian dishes.