1. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and fry until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan reserving any remaining oil.
2. Take a blender or food processor and blend together the yoghurt, curry paste, salt, desiccated coconut, coriander, mint leaves, garam masala and ¾ of the fried onions with the remaining oil, until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken and mix well. Cover and leave to marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
4. Preheat oven 180°C / gas mark 4.
5. Place the chicken and marinade in a large baking dish that can take the chicken in one layer. Tuck in the chilli and bake on the middle shelf for 45-55 minutes, basting every now and again until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Stir the cream into the pan juices. Season and add lime juice to taste.
7. Served garnished with the reserved onions and extra coriander.