- Heat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a pan large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Add the chicken and brown it on both sides. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in the pan. When it stops foaming, add the onions and then sauté until pale gold.
- Add the mushrooms and pumpkin pieces to the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add Shemins Indian Curry Paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, stock and season if you wish. Simmer uncovered for 4-5 minutes until reduced slightly, then pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until both the chicken and pumpkin are cooked.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve with rice and Shemin’s Indian Breads.
A wickedly deliciously creamy curry, perfect for Halloween or any day of the year!