- Put the vinegar and salt into a large non-metallic bowl, add the chicken into the marinade, mix and leave to chill for at least 2 hours
- To make the sauce, heat 3 tbsp of sunflower oil in a large frying pan, add the sliced onions and Shemin’s Dried Kashmiri Chillies then cook over a medium to low heat for 15 minutes until they are soft and lightly browned, stirring occasionally
- Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and the Shemin’s Garam Masala into the fried onions and cook gently for 3 minutes, adding a little water if the sauce gets too dry
- Add the chicken with the marinade along with the stock and sugar into the pan and simmer for 45 minutes
- Season with a little extra salt if necessary and serve with boiled rice or Shemin’s Indian Breads
A famously hot Indian curry that can be made in any heat level using our different Indian pastes allowing everyone to try the Portuguese inspired flavours. If you do like it extra hot, add some of Shemin’s Kashmiri Chillies!