- Put the chicken and half the curry paste, mixed with a splash of water, in a large bowl. Toss then cover and leave for 30 mins or put in the fridge to marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the onions and chilli, then cook until softened.
- Then add the cooked chilli and onions, 3/4 of the peanuts and some of the chicken stock to a blender, blitz and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown all over, and set aside.
- Add the rest of the curry paste and a splash of water, simmer for 2 minutes, then add the kecap manis or soya sauce, coconut milk, peanut butter, the rest of the stock and the blitzed peanut and onion sauce. Then add the chicken with all the juices. Bring to a simmer and season.
- Continue to simmer for 40 minutes stirring often. Check to see if the chicken is cooked all the way through. Turn off the heat, add the lime juice and check seasoning. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Scatter over the sliced chilli, spring onions, fresh coriander and rest of the peanuts. Serve with Shemin’s Indian Breads
This Recipe is beyond Wow! It has the most amazing aroma and flavour.
This Satay Chicken Curry is so easy to make and will definitely leave you wanting more.
Serve with rice and Shemin’s Indian Breads.