- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the onions and fry until golden brown, about 10 mins.
- Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste, fresh chillies, and a splash of water, then cook gently for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown the meat. Once browned, add the tin tomatoes then fry until it forms a shiny paste and the oil starts to separate.
- Add the tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and water. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, then turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander on top and garnish with a slice of lime.
TIP: You can substitute the chicken with any meat or vegetarian alternative.