- Finely dice the onion
- Squash the cardamom with the side of a knife to open them up
- Begin by toasting your almond flakes in a dry pan and set aside for the end of the dish, keep an eye on them as it is very easy to burn them!
- Now add the cooking oil to the pan over a medium heat and fry off the cardamom pods for 30 seconds before adding in the onions and cinnamon stick, cook the onions until they just start to brown which should take around 5 minutes
- Add in Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and some water, cook and stir continuously for 5 minutes adding more water if the mixture gets too dry
- Add the chicken and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Now finally add the yoghurt, ground almonds and water, then reduce the heat to medium and cook out for 15-20 minutes
- The sauce should thicken nicely and cling to the chicken
- Finish the dish by seasoning with salt and garnish with the flaked almonds and some fresh coriander Serve with Shemin’s Indian Breads!
A rich creamy dish cooked in a spiced yoghurt that’s flavoured with toasted almonds to give a gorgeously thick delicious sauce.