- Heat a pan and add the oil. Add the cloves and cardamom and cook until they start to sizzle.
- Add the onions to the pan and fry until golden brown.
- Add the chillies and Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and stir. Cook gently for 5 minutes adding a little water if the sauce gets too dry.
- Turn the heat up and add the chicken, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add the passata and nutmeg. Cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Place the chicken madras in a bowl and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve with rice.
The madras curry is a south Indian curry. The further south you go the hotter the curries tend to get. Rich and aromatic, your taste buds will be tingling for more!