- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan or stir-fry dish.
- Add in the chicken and red peppers, then cook for a couple of minutes, then add Shemin’s Smoky Mexican Spice Blend and stir-fry until the chicken is fully cooked and the peppers are soft. Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside in a large bowl.
- For the sauce – using the same pan, heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat and cook the onion and garlic until the onions are soft. Stir in the passata and chipotle chilli flakes. Increase the heat to medium then bring to a simmer and cook for a further 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the beans and lime juice, and season.
- Mix one-third of the sauce and half the grated mozzarella into the chicken and red pepper mix.
- To assemble, spoon a bit of the sauce on to the bottom of a baking dish – make sure the dish is around 20x30cm to fit the enchiladas in. Spoon a little of the chicken mixture down the centre of each tortilla, roll up and put in the baking dish. Repeat with all the tortillas and filling, placing them side by side so they don’t unravel. Pour the remaining sauce over the top, then scatter over the Cheddar and remaining mozzarella. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until the cheese has melted and started to brown.
Tip – You can prepare this earlier and store it in the fridge. Then simply put it in the oven for 25 minutes and serve.