- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and the skin is crisp.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, add the coconut oil to a medium pan over medium heat. Stir in the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add Shemin’s Curry Paste with a splash of water, then let the spices cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, tin tomatoes and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chickpeas, coconut milk and half the fresh coriander, then continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Whilst this is cooking, make your coconut yoghurt by mixing together the desiccated coconut, yoghurt, cumin seeds and fresh mint. Season with salt to taste.
- To serve, slice open the sweet potatoes and scoop a healthy portion of the chana masala into each. Top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and garnish with the rest of the chopped coriander and pomegranate seeds.
TIP: If you have leftovers, they work hot or cold, so it’s perfect for bringing to lunch. You can even try it with a fried egg on top!