- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add in the olive oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, honey, Shemin’s Chipotle Chilli Flakes, Shemin’s Jerk Spice Blend, sea salt and black pepper. Toss the chicken in the mixture.
- Cover and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or preferably overnight.
- Next, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to a large deep 10 inch pan with a lid and place over medium high heat. (If you do not have a pan, a large pot will also work very well) Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken. Cook until one side is browned, about 4-5 minutes, then flip and and cook an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan (it should have enough oil for sauteing), add the spring onions, red bell pepper chunks and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then add in the coconut milk, stock and the rice or quinoa, and stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer, then fold in the pineapple, making sure it is evenly distributed. Then add the browned chicken on top.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan immediately and cook for 20-25 minutes. After 20-25 minutes, most of the liquid should be absorbed and the rice or quinoa should be cooked
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
This one-pot recipe with pineapple and coconut rice, is super easy to make and oh so delicious!