- Place the sliced apple and onion at the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the chicken stock over the apple and onion.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan until hot and sear the pork on all sides until golden brown. Remove from the pan and place on a board.
- Mix Shemin’s Cajun Spice Blend with the white wine vinegar in a bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork so it has a generous coating, you can add more of Shemin’s Cajun Spice if you need to.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker over the onion and apple. Cook on high for 6-7 hours or 8-10 hours on low. The meat should be falling away.
- When ready, take the pork out of the slow cooker and shred with a fork. Skim the fat from the sauce in the slow cooker. Mix some of the leftover sauce into the shredded pork.
- Delicious served in brioche buns or in tortillas and topped with coleslaw.
If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can make this recipe in a large ovenproof dish. Cover the pork and put in the oven at 150°C/Gas Mark 2 for 6 hours or until the pork is falling apart.