- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp Shemin’s Cajun Spice Blend.
- Heat a large frying pan with a tight fitting lid on high with the oil, and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove from the pan and leave to one side.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the pancetta or chorizo in the same pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the onions and pepper and stir until softened. Add 2 tbsp Shemin’s Cajun Spice Blend, garlic, bay leaves, the chicken and tin of tomatoes. Check the seasoning and stir gently in the pan for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down slightly.
- Pour in the chicken stock, the drained rice, tabasco, lemon juice and half of the parsley. Stir and turn the heat down to a low simmer. Pop the lid on and let the Jambalaya cook for 30 minutes, until the rice is done and all the liquid has been absorbed. When done, allow to rest for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve hot with the rest of the chopped parsley sprinkled over.
Jambalaya is a French word that means ‘jumbled’ or ‘mixed up’. In our Jambalaya we have Shemin’s Cajun Spice Blend, perfectly crisp pancetta and succulent chicken all cooked together to create mouth-watering aromas and flavours.