- Heat up the oil in a large saucepan and fry the chopped onions until brown and caramelised.
- Stir in Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and then the chopped tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes adding water if the sauce gets too dry.
- Add approximately 3⁄4 cup of water.
- Add the potatoes.
- Cook in sauce until the potatoes are tender but still firm.
- Season to taste and add the lemon or lime juice.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Tips: In step 6 you can slightly crush the potatoes as they cook to help develop the flavour. This recipe also tastes great with Shemin’s Seafood Spice Paste and a sprinkle of garam masala. You can also add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and a few curry leaves in step one, once the oil is hot for extra flavour.