1. Heat the oven to 220°C / gas mark 7. Put the lemon halves in the chicken cavity. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in half a pack of Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste, season with salt and cook this mixture for a couple of minutes.
2. Place the chicken in a flameproof roasting tin and use your fingers to stuff the curry butter under the skin and rub all over the meat. Roast for 20 mins, then turn the oven down to 160°C / gas mark 4. Continue to roast for 40 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Ten minutes before the chicken is done, remove the chicken from the oven and make the sauce by scraping all the butter mixture from the tin into a saucepan and heat up. Place the chicken back in the oven to finish.
4. Add the other half of Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste into the saucepan, curry leaves if using, and pour in the passata. Gently reduce by half before adding the cream and warm through.
5. Remove the chicken from the tin and place on a serving dish, then pour the sauce over.
Serve with Shemin’s Poppadoms or Indian Breads.