- Heat the oven to 150°C or gas mark 2.
- Heat the oil in a large oven proof casserole dish and gently fry the onions for 10 minutes on a medium-low heat, until softened.
- Turn up the heat to medium, stir in the sugar and cook for another 5 minutes until golden.
- Stir in Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and Garam Masala and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and break them up with a wooden spoon. Add water and bubble for 10 minutes.
- Add the meat, and bring back to just boiling. Cover and cook in the oven for 1½ – 2 hours until the meat is meltingly tender.
- Remove the curry from the oven and adjust the seasoning. Stir in the yogurt and garnish with coriander.
Serve with naan bread, rice and chutney.