Shemin’s Creamy Lentil Curry Recipe Box
Everything you need to cook this absolutely delicious curry.. You can mix it up by adding your own meat or vegetables! Make this recipe with either our Indian or Massaman curry paste.
1x Shemin’s Indian or Massaman Curry Paste, 1x Shemin’s Black Mustard Seeds, 1x Shemin’s Kashmiri Red Chillies, 1x Red Onion, 1x Tin Chopped Tomatoes, 1x Tin Coconut Milk, 2x Tins Cooked Lentils or Pulses*
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Shemin’s Black Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Shemin’s Kashmiri Chillies, or to taste
- 100g Shemin’s Indian or Massaman Curry Paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2x 400g tins cooked lentils or pulses, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add 1tsp Shemin’s Black Mustard Seeds and Shemin’s Kashmiri Chillies to taste, then cook until the mustard seeds start to pop
- Add the onion and fry until browned
- Add Shemin’s Indian or Massaman Curry Paste. Pour in half the coconut milk, simmer for a couple of minutes until aromatic, then add the lentils or pulses and the other half of the coconut milk
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve with rice or Shemin’s Indian Breads.
If you would like to add meat or your own vegetables to this recipe, you can leave out one of the packs of lentils and add 500-700g of any meat or vegetables in. You can use the Kashmiri chillies at the start of this recipe as above or at the end for garnish. If you like your curry stronger, you can leave out the coconut milk or only put in half a tin.
* Due to the current situation and ingredients being difficult to find. We may subsitute the lentils for pulses (like kidney beans) or small beans (like black beans). This curry tastes great with any of them, we are always switching it up in our house! If you want to request something in particular, email us and we can do our best.